cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is it possible to have different system colors for modelling and drawing environment?

KriGus
2-Guest

Is it possible to have different system colors for modelling and drawing environment?

Hi,

I'm using Creo Parametric 6.0.5.1.

In modelling environment, when I enable a section view, the contour lines of the part in the section plane are yellow. I can change this in options -> System appearance -> Letter, but then all text, dimensions and tables in the drawing environment are changed as well. I would like to have different "letter" color for the modelling and drafting environments. Is this possible, or is there another way?

My workaround is to have mapkeys to quickly change the letter color to black and yellow, but it feels kind of impractical.

Thanks in advance.

K  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:KriGus)

No. Creo Parametric does not support separate color settings for different environments for modeling and drawing. The Letter color option you mentioned in System Appearance affects both environments. 

Your mapkey is a clever work around. 

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catalina

Hi @KriGus,

Thank you for your question!

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. It sometimes helps to have screenshots to better understand what you are trying to do.

Best regards,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Michael
13-Aquamarine

No. Creo Parametric does not support separate color settings for different environments for modeling and drawing. The Letter color option you mentioned in System Appearance affects both environments. 

Your mapkey is a clever work around. 

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags