cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is there a way to save the Excel file into the Family table.

ptc-2924260
1-Newbie

Is there a way to save the Excel file into the Family table.

Is there a way to save the Excel file into the Family table. Everytime I click on the Edit With excel button ProE generates a seperate XLS file in the Temp folder. rather than this I would like to reuse the same excel file.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2924260)

Best you can do is save the temp XLS as a separate worksheet. Then copy the contents into your clipboard. Hit the "Edit with Excel" on your family table, then paste the contents. I use this all the time for very similar parts. As I said in the other post, this will only work if the column structure is exactly the same. Good luck. Chris
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Thanks Chris. Other thing that We can do is Save the same TMP xls file in the Working directory. and when the new XLS opens instead of saving the new one we can open and modify the old one. Please remember not save the new XLS file. This will help you retain any back end macros or fuctions that you may have developed in the Excel file. Vivek K M
Top Tags