cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is there any way to assemble Nuts only through Intelligent fastener?

yyuan
1-Newbie

Is there any way to assemble Nuts only through Intelligent fastener?

Sometimes I need to assemble nuts to threaded parts. Is there a way to do it through Intelligent Fastener?

So far what I can do is put the bolt and nut in, and modify the placement of the nut and delete the bolt. This is really inconvenient.

Anybody have a better way to do it? Please let me know.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

do you want to assemble a nut only or do you need a hole too?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Just to assembly nuts. Hole is not needed.

In IFX the holes are usually created.

You can add NEVER to your SCR_THREAD_SERIES_* option. Then IFX never create a hole. So if you assemble a screw, you have to switch this option back.

To assemble a nut on the screw side, you have to copy your nut to your screw folder.

Then you have to add some columns to the *.dat file and add the nut to the *.mnu.

I attached an example for a iso4032-6 in the mm folder.

Note: This is a workaround only.

Why you do not use regular Creo functionality to assemble your nut?

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks

I will try this out. I would like to use the creo functionality. The problem is that I want to make all the fasteners identical and managed centrally from the same library. If I am using the regular creo functionality. I have to use a different nut file. I don't know how to generate an identical nut file from the .dat file. (Maybe you can tell me how to generate a specific size fastener file from the part file and .dat file in the IFX part folder.)

And it is easier to use the IFX if the nuts are available.

Hi Oliver,

It works well. But I still have a question regard to the hole. You mentioned that  "You can add NEVER to your SCR_THREAD_SERIES_* option. Then IFX never create a hole. So if you assemble a screw, you have to switch this option back."

Why can't we just have an option to choose have a hole or not when assembling fasteners? I know that I can simply set the hole depth to 0. Would you think that will be nice that we can just have an option to choose open this or not when you assembly it.

This bring up my other concern. I have noticed that IFX will not create a hole if there is an existing hole in spite of the size. Actually there are some wired behave of IFX to create holes when you assembly to a patterned feature. Maybe I should open another post.

Hi,

this is a good idea and we already had the same idea.

We will add this functionality. But not before Creo 4.0.

Other customer also need to select in which model the hole is created.

If you want you can add this as an idea on this side.

Thanks.

Regarding your holes just open another post.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags