cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Large Assembly-View Manager-Simplified Representation

VinitKadamITT
6-Contributor

Large Assembly-View Manager-Simplified Representation

In an assembly I do have Feat#1, 2,3, 4, 5.......60 total 60 features.

Feat#1,2,3,,up to 10- Are Main assembly Sub Parts (.prt)

Feat#11- Sketch

Feat#12,13, 14,....50- Are again Main assembly parts (.prt)

Feat#51,52...60- Are Sub assemblies of Main assemblies (.asm) [In one many of the sub assemblies I do required Feat#11 sketch]

Now in Assembly-View Manager-Simp Rep, I am setting my required representation (suppose -Represen1)

My requirement in Represen1 is (Right Click -Redefine) I want to exclude all features from 11 to 60. Means Feat#11 to Feat#60 I want exclude.

Now I am able to exclude features from 12 to 60, but I am not able to exclude Feat#11- Sketch.

And in my assembly drawing, I want to show my Represen1 without that sketch. (Feat#11- Sketch.).

For that I have hide the sketch in assembly, but still in assembly drawing the envelop box of Represen1 is larger because it is considering Feat#11 & my annotation notes are always very much away from my required parts.

My question is: in View Manager-Simplified Representation window, why I am not able to exclude that sketch feature (Feat#11- Sketch.)?

It is not showing/allowing that Feat#11, so that I can exclude it & set my Simplified Representation as per my requirement.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

• you can exclude components
  • you can't exclude assembly features (you can hide/suppress them)

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

• you can exclude components
  • you can't exclude assembly features (you can hide/suppress them)

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags