cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Leader Note With Ballon Note

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

Leader Note With Ballon Note

Community,

Is there a way to make a leader note that contains a non-leader balloon note that has a number?  For example, you have a leader note that contains part number and beside the part number will be a circled item number.  I want to combine the two so if I need to move the view, the two will float with the view.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ThoRig)

Create an offset balloon note.  This attaches the balloon note to an object.  After creation, you can select the balloon note and use Relate to Object or or Relate to View.

These options make the item move with the object or view it is attached to.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Create an offset balloon note.  This attaches the balloon note to an object.  After creation, you can select the balloon note and use Relate to Object or or Relate to View.

These options make the item move with the object or view it is attached to.

ThoRig
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

Here is an example of what I am trying to do.  You gave the correct solution before I could post this, but I just wanted to give the audience something visual to go by.  Thanks.

dwg_note_1.png

dwg_note_2.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I would normally create a balloon note with leader, then attach an offset note for what you are showing.

BALLOONWITHTEXT.jpg

You may also what to check out this topic:  Put-a-circle-around-text-in-a-note 

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

I can do it that way, but the balloon leader will only allow me to attach to one entity.. When I press CTRL, it will not allow me to select anything else.  With a note leader, I can select multiple entities, such as 5 fasteners, then place the offset balloon note in front of the part number.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I can attach to multiple items by holding Ctrl.

BALLOONWITHTEXT2.jpg

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

I got it to work.  I could not do it earlier, or I was holding the wrong key.  Thanks.

Top Tags