cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Put a circle around text in a note

melreynolds
4-Participant

Put a circle around text in a note

Hi all, I have a note and in that note i want to add a circle with a number inside the circle.

My work around is currently to make the note and leave a space in the note at the correct location. Then finish the note and put a balloon note over the first note. The downside to my workaround is that the alignment is always off and you have to move the balloon note if you move / resize the main note 

Does anyone know if there a way to do this.

I've checked the forums and it seems it's possible to do this using a box but i cannot find a method for a circle.

https://www.synthx.com/tom/sy_tip_0304.htm

Hope someone out there can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:melreynolds)

If your symbol has a variable, you can input whatever text you want. As Mahesh notes, you can also pre-define specific values too.

I've attached my balloon symbol but it has an added variable for qty and I also attached a note with a square/circle which I think would work better for you if you just modify it to remove the square.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't believe there is any way pre-defined in Creo to make a circle around text.

You can, however, make a symbol with the text in it and include the symbol in your note.

The note format would &sym(symbolname)

My balloon symbol is called balloon-qty so my specific note would be

SYMBOL IN NOTE &sym(BALLOON-QTY)

After making the note, Creo will prompt you for the text within the symbol.

It looks like this:

symbol.jpg

melreynolds
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hi Stephen, thanks for your quick reply.

So you mean create a symbol with a circle and the one number you need to display in the note.

As each note can require a different number is there a way to add in / change the number after you make the note?

(I haven't done much with symbols in the past except to use some from the standard symbols available)

I'm doing a package of drawings at the moment and it could end up being any number between 01 and 25 in the circle.

@melreynolds 

You can have pre-defined values (numbers) in symbol. When you will insert symbol, there will be a prompt to enter the number. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If your symbol has a variable, you can input whatever text you want. As Mahesh notes, you can also pre-define specific values too.

I've attached my balloon symbol but it has an added variable for qty and I also attached a note with a square/circle which I think would work better for you if you just modify it to remove the square.

melreynolds
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thank you very much.

Top Tags