cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Line thickness when printing

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Line thickness when printing

When exporting a drawing to pdf for printing, some lines are coming out thicker than the others. My drawing looks exaclty like what I want in the drawing mode. I've tried using true type fonts and using stroke all fonts, but neither works. I may be missing something as I have just switched from WF4 to CREO 2.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jason...

Antonius is giving you good advice. You can tweak the line weights to achieve the look you want. I wrote a fairly long post explaining how it works and providing an example/starting file. The link below will take you to another thread where I gave this information:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/173301#173301

Scroll down a bit and you'll see one of my messages containing 3 attachments. One document explains how pen table files work. The other two are an example file and a cheat sheet showing you which pens draw certain elements of a drawing. Give these attachments a look. If they don't help and you're still having problems, please write back.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

My line weigths are doing pretty well with PDF options set to 600dpi. But I do give all my text a thickness of .012. I use the non-TTF and stroke all fonts in the options.

You can use pen tables to get the lines to come out heavier in PDF prints. I have not gone this far so I can't help but a search might find it in the discussions.

Hi Jason...

Antonius is giving you good advice. You can tweak the line weights to achieve the look you want. I wrote a fairly long post explaining how it works and providing an example/starting file. The link below will take you to another thread where I gave this information:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/173301#173301

Scroll down a bit and you'll see one of my messages containing 3 attachments. One document explains how pen table files work. The other two are an example file and a cheat sheet showing you which pens draw certain elements of a drawing. Give these attachments a look. If they don't help and you're still having problems, please write back.

Thanks!

-Brian

Antonius & Brian....

Thank you for the quick responses. The pen table was exactly what i needed. I used the table that you supplied in the other post and it worked perfect.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags