cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MULTI BOM QTY COLUMN BLANK WHEN SWITCHING FROM RPT.QTY TO RPY.REL.QTY

BriGuy
11-Garnet

MULTI BOM QTY COLUMN BLANK WHEN SWITCHING FROM RPT.QTY TO RPY.REL.QTY

When trying to create a multi BOM, my quantity columns are driven by the rpt.qty report parameter.  I can add an assembly to populate a second column quantity by using Repeat Region/Column Model/Rep. That works as intended by creating additional items numbers and putting dashes into the quantities that don't apply to that assembly.

However, when I want to display a bulk item as AR, I use the following relation:

If ASM_MBR_TYPE=="BULK ITEM"
Qty="AR"
Else
qty=rpt_qty
Endif

My thinking was I could right click on the first cell that contains the rpt.qty report parameter and change that to the user defined rpt.rel.qty report parameter.  When I do this, the bulk item displays as AR, like it's supposed to, but all the other quantities are now blank.

This only happens with a multi BOM.  If I switch back and forth between the rpt.qty report parameter and the user defined rpt.rel.qty report parameter in a single column BOM, all the quantities remain.  Only the AR changes from 1 to AR.

Does this not work with a multi BOM?  I can bring in a multi BOM region with the columns preset to rpt.rel.qty with bulk item as AR all the other items as their correct quantity but I can't drive any other columns because that 1st cell needs to be rpt.qty to use the Column Model/Rep function.  As soon as I change it to rpt.qty, all the quantities no longer show.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

let rpt.qty and rpt.rel.qty parameters in single cell and set rpt.qty height to 0.1 mm. This setting collapses rpt.qty value into almost invisible dot.

Martin Hanák

I'm a little unclear as to how you would put both parameters in a single cell.  Also, how can you specify the height of only one group of text? Everything in the cell would get the same text size applied to it, correct?

Hi,

please tell me what Creo version do you use. Do yuo have Commercial license ?

Tomorrow (I hope) I wiil be able to send you an example data.

Martin Hanák

Creo 2.0. This is a commercial license.

Hi,

see attached drawing.

table cell contents

properties.png

filter setting necessary for setting different text height

filter.png

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin.  This gives me a start.

Top Tags