cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Magically disappearing Drawing Dims

pwyndham
3-Visitor

Magically disappearing Drawing Dims

We have a drawing that we are trying to revise. It was made in the past with a different version of Pro/E. Whenever you go to add a new reference dimension and middle click to place dim. The dimension shows up and then 1/2 a second later disappears. Undo says that you can undo the creation of a dimension, but nothing shows up on the screen. This seems to happen on all sheets even with newly placed views.

Is there a drawing option that does not allow new dimensions. There are original dims on the drawing. We were able to update the template to the new format. We can added Parameters and new views. We can edit the text and move old dims. "Show and Erase" dims stick.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

I seem to recall that there is a config option that allows or disallows created dimensions to do with saving with the model. I had a look on our Configs and we have

create_drawing_dims_only YES

Maybe if you have this set to NO and the model is read only it could cause the problem.

Regards, Brent

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Paul,

I seem to recall that there is a config option that allows or disallows created dimensions to do with saving with the model. I had a look on our Configs and we have

create_drawing_dims_only YES

Maybe if you have this set to NO and the model is read only it could cause the problem.

Regards, Brent

I gave you the correct answer points since your response works for this drawing.

I still have some questions on it, but we can get going with the revision now. The part and drawing are in an Intralink 3.4 workspace, so they are not locked. If I create a new drawing the dims can be created without issue.

Thanks for the idea.

Paul

Top Tags