cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mass Properties Analysis: Assigned vs Computed

vbadger
5-Regular Member

Mass Properties Analysis: Assigned vs Computed

I have a creo assembly that I am having an issue calculating the COG and inertia. I am interested in calculating the values with respect to the master coordinate system that I have created on a part by part basis. I am able to get the overall assemby COG and inertia, but I need the information for each part. I have tried calculating the mass properties with the master csys as the origin for calculation in the prepare section of creo and I have assigned the ALT coordinate system to this csys as well, but for some reason the mass properties are not being calculated wrt this system. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:vbadger)

Set:

mp_calc_level

To:

all_models

Note that "by design" PTC excludes all models that have 0 volume from the report. There are also bugs with this report. Some assigned components that have assigned masses are excluded. Up vote this idea if you would like a better report:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Create-a-report-for-mass-and-CG-of-all-components-in/idi-p/465523

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Chris3)

Continuing the discussion here rather than in the linked idea ...

It is not possible to paramtrically add the CG data to tree columns in the way that you described. As you mentioned you could export it and slice it up with a script and then re-import it into parameters but there is no native support for this.

You could also setup a bunch of measures which I believe you could use to achieve what you are looking for, but that would be time consuming and would impose a large regen performance tax on the asembly.

Top Tags