cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Measure command

LuciferBV
4-Participant

Measure command

As per Creo 4, when you use a measure anyting and use right click , you will be able to copy that particular dimension and can paste it wherever needed, but After upgrading to Creo 8 the same is not able to execute. Any solutions

10 REPLIES 10
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:LuciferBV)

We're on Creo release 8.0.2.0 and the copy command is available for us.  I don't believe there is any type of config option that is allowing this.

mkajdan_0-1648124031391.png

LuciferBV
4-Participant
(To:mkajdan)

can u try and paste it anywhere . eg create a plane by just using paste after using the copy option.

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

Yes I can.  I copied the value from the screenshot above and pasted it for the back wall of this part that had an original value of 17.00.

mkajdan_0-1648124912447.png

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

No issue with starting a new part in sketcher either.

mkajdan_1-1648125128313.png

LuciferBV
4-Participant

That is not working for me or any of my mates .

LuciferBV
4-Participant

We are using 8.0.1.0

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

Maybe that is the problem.  We skipped 8.0.1.0 and started with 8.0.2.0

sacquarone
20-Turquoise

Hello @LuciferBV 

It's probably not a problem of datecode, because as you can see in little movie recorded in 8.0.1.0 (end of message), the Copy (from Measure results)/Paste (while editing a dimension for instance) is working as expected while being in a supported configuration.

To troubleshoot what's wrong in your specific situation, this would help to:

• Confirm first you're in a supported scope for Creo Parametric 8.0 version, according to PTC Platfrom Support documents here
  • Once confirmed, clarify if the issue is to access "Copy", or if "Copy" is available (and seems to work as expected), but failure occurs when trying to do "Paste" action
  • Check also if Copy/Paste actions work or not from other User Interfaces:
    • In Creo Parametric (example, copy the value of a real parameter in Parameters UI with right click, then edit a dimension and try to do Paste)
    • But also in non-PTC softwares (like Microsoft Word for instance)
  • Last possible guidance: if you face this in a scope of a non-english version of Creo Parametric, start Creo in English (probably enough to set variable LANG to value C in environment variables, and restart Creo) and check if issue persists or not.

If none of above guidance helps, and you confirm being in a supported configuration, we suggest you to open a case to PTC Techincal Support for further assistance and troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Serge

LuciferBV
4-Participant
(To:sacquarone)

Thank you for your response.

I am able to copy and paste from parameters and Constraints in creating a plane as well as in a Word and excel document,

This problem is only occurring in the the Measure (Copy) command and paste.

Any suggestions.

angupta
5-Regular Member

Just curious to know if this issue is resolved?

Top Tags