Good Day All,
Have a bit of a problem with a assembly that I'm trying to analyze in Wildfire 4 Mechanica. I have added 6 more parts with contacts and 4 mechanica fasteners to an existing assembly. I have also added an additional torqure load using total load at point on one of the new components. I verified the material properties, and connections.
Without these new components I was able to run my analysis on the assembly previously.
Now I'm getting the following error and msengine crashes when the analysis starts phase 1 processes.
"The meshed study model is geometrically incompatible with the current model"
I think the above error from the mechanica status window is a indicator of the cause.
Anyone have any idea what might be the problem and what the fix would be?
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Dear Don Anderson,
Hope you have defined contact interfaces for newly added components as well defined "generate compatible mesh" option.
Yes I definded interfaces for the newly added components and selected "generate compatible mesh". also verified for all other components.
Still getting the error "The meshed study model is geometrically incompatible with the current model"
Any other ideas?
Is your model regenerated? Are you meshing your model (and saving the mesh) proior to running your analysis? If you open the "Run Settings", what do you have selected under the "Elements" section?
Yes the model is regenerated and I'm running the analysis on a saved mesh file.
When I mesh the assembly I get the following errors:
Wildfire Mechanica 4.0 M150 error:
AutoGEM has detected problems adding elements to the model.
Detected problems are fixed.
Creo Simulate 2.0 M50 Error:
AutoGEM has detected an element incompatibility across the
Unfortunately I'm not able to see where the error is in the model. I have not been able to find the highlighted curve.
Any ideas on how to make the error more visible in the model so I can find it?
Did you try to mesh the parts one by one ?
OK, so now we've narrowed the issue down to a problem that happens during meshing, correct? Just for the sake of due diligence, make sure that you have "Override" unchecked (and that "Use Elements from Existing Mesh File" is checked) under "Elements" in "Run Settings". Make sure that you mesh (and save the mesh) before running an analysis.
Sylvain made an excellent suggestion, but before going down that route I would try meshing each part independently; i.e. open up each part file and go into Mechanica and try to mesh it. Without being able to see the model, it sounds like there might be an anomaly with the geometry that is creating an issue for the mesher. If you have some very small/oddly shpaed geomtric boundaries in your model (slivers), then the mesher could fail when trying to places nodes and elements based on those boundaries.
Once you've ensured that you can mesh each component in the assembly successfully (and separately), then they next step would be to look at the connections between components. A good starting point would be to suppress all of your connections and set the "Default Interface" in "Model Setup" to "Free" and then try to mesh the model. If that works, then start defining connections one at a time (and meshing after each connection). My suggestion is to start with "bonded" contacts first, then move onto "fastened" connections.
I can take a look at your model myself if you can post a copy of the assembly (and all of the parts) and some sort of documentation outlining how they go together. If you can't (for whatever reason), then follow the above and let us know of the results.
...... I would try meshing each part independently; i.e. open up each part file and go into Mechanica and try to mesh it. ....
I agree, that is what I meant in my previous message (one by one).
Could you add the new components one by one and run an analysis (or, at least, a meshing) each time you add a component?
Normally, you'll be able to find out wich component leads to the incompatibility.
Thanks Shaun and Sylvain for the replies.
I'm working thru each of the models and your sugestions as we speak. I found one contact that was not referencing 2 contacting surfaces. That appears not to have been the issue as I'm still looking for the cause.
I believe it's related to anomaly with the geometry in one of the models.
I'm hoping to have more info for you by the end of the week.
Thanks for your help.
I saw that message from time to time, Specially, when the create comparable mesh option was selected when creating contact interface on curvy surface.I did not experience that problem for the planar contact surface.
turn off this option.
If you want to create comparable mesh, create mesh control on the contact surface of the component itself.