cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Merge/inheritance feature

RJ_FR
10-Marble

Merge/inheritance feature

Hello,

Are Merge/inheritance feature accessible with a Creo Essential license ?

I use this function in parts for years but recently we change our license "Creo Advance Design" for "Creo Essential". Since this the buttons are grayed out...

Is it a problem with my creo install or a license issue ?

Thanks in advance.

2024-09-26 14_10_38-BRUT_SOCLE_TENDEUR_POULIE (Actif) - Creo Parametric.png

11 REPLIES 11
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:RJ_FR)

Merge/Inheritance does require the advanced assembly license.  Creo Essential does not include Merge/Inheritance.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
RJ_FR
10-Marble
(To:kdirth)

Ok Thanks...

RJ_FR
10-Marble
(To:kdirth)

Last question. Here are the different modules between creo "Essentials" and "Advance".

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298294

2024-09-26 15_51_49-Article - CS298294 - List of modules in Creo Design Packages_ Design Essentials,.png

Whitch module enable the Inheritance functions ? "Assembly", "Process for assemblies", other ?

Is it possible to buy only this module separately ?

Thanks in advance.

DJNewman
17-Peridot

You can buy Creo Advanced Assembly Extension separately (not part of a package) if you wish.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
RaphMORIN
14-Alexandrite

I faced the same problem. I was used to have it because I was using the machining extension. We left the machining extension for another CAM. Then we switched to essential and noticed it was not part of essential like you. We have purchased the machining extension just to have theses features. We didn't need the advanced assembly so it was cheaper to get this one.

As I said to our reseller, I don't understand why it's not included in essential. For me these are essentials to use Creo efficiently.

RJ_FR
10-Marble
(To:RaphMORIN)

Hello,

I have the same problem, I need basics functions of creo and the machining extension. Last year i bought a "Creo Advance" licence and this year i switch to the "Creo Essential + Machining extension" The sum of these 2 licences is cheaper than the "Creo Advance".

@RaphMORIN wrote:

We have purchased the machining extension just to have theses features. We didn't need the advanced assembly so it was cheaper to get this one.

According to what you say Creo Machining extension include Merge/inheritance features ?

This is not the case for me ?!

Thanks

RaphMORIN
14-Alexandrite

Yes that's correct. The exact name of this extension is Creo Production Machining Extension.

RJ_FR
10-Marble
(To:RaphMORIN)

Ok thanks, I only have the basic machining extension. «PTC Creo Prismatic and Multi-Surface Milling Extension ». 

Ben8
11-Garnet

Not a direct answer, but maybe Copy Geometry feature will be sufficient, if you don't have a licence for the feature you are asking about?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Ben8)

I believe copy geometry is not included in Creo essentials (as of 7.0) and requires AAX.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
RJ_FR
10-Marble
(To:Ben8)

Yes i can use copy geometry but the problem for me is the lack of link between parts. I use inheritance for create laser cut rough parts for an another part. If I modify or add some functions to the final part, they are directly implemented into the rough. 

With copy geometry I do the job twice and introduce large risks of error. 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags