cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mirror Parts don't seem to use a Start Part

jwagh
17-Peridot

Mirror Parts don't seem to use a Start Part

When I mirror a part (either through the assembly or the File menu of the part), and select Geometry Only, it never asks me to choose my start part and it creates the mirrored part completely empty. Void of a default CSYS, datums, etc. Is there an option to change this?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:jwagh)

I cound not understand the problem. When we mirror from for top down design method, it asks for part reference.

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:jsarkar)

Sorry... I forgot to say I'm using Wildfire 5/Creo Elements... It doesn't ask for a Start Part

jwagh
17-Peridot

Sorry... I forgot to say I'm using Wildfire 5/Creo Elements... It doesn't ask for a Start Part

jwagh
17-Peridot

I appreciate your help. Your tutorial shows you selecting Mirror with Features. However, if you select Geometry Only, it doesn't have any datums, csys... in the model tree.

jwagh
17-Peridot

I would still like datums if I need to add features on top of the mirrored part.

jwagh
17-Peridot

I was just hoping it would ask for a start part so I can have that data already there...

jwagh
17-Peridot

I thought so... thanks

Top Tags