cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Missing repeat region in drawing

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Missing repeat region in drawing

I have an assembly drawing which has BOM table. I used the repeat region so it automatically generates. Everything comes in fine except for the very last description. I'm not quite sure how to fix this. Any ideas?

BOM.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Christian,

If you have any relations in your table, you might play around with them (like commenting them out), as they can have an effect on parameters at times.

Tim

Hi Christian...

Did you ever fix this? Whenever something like this happens it's usually easily fixed. There are three places to look.

First, open the part having the issue... look in the parameters and make sure they're set properly.

Second, open the Bill of Materials and make sure your table is reporting the correct parameter for the column having the problem. In your example, it seems like the PART NUMBER itself is having an issue. Are you using &asm.mbr.name as the driver for that column? If not, WHY not? Some companies don't use the actually model name (&asm.mbr.name) to populate this field but rather some other parameter. If you're using something like &asm.mbr.BOM_Part_Name then you'll want to make sure there's a "BOM_Part_Name" parameter in all of your parts and assemblies.

Third, make sure there are no lingering relations causing problems. Sometimes relations in the MODEL can be set such that they conflict with parameter names required for the BOM. Also check inside the drawing bill of material table itself. Relations inside the table (Table>Repeat Region>Relations) can also conflict with the display of parameters in the BOM.

Check those three places. Chances are, one of them will be either missing or in conflict. If you still can't get this to work, write back and I'll help you dig deeper.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags