cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Model Based Definition/ GD &T

EnriqueNunez
7-Bedrock

Model Based Definition/ GD &T

Hello,

By reading ASME Y14.41-2019, para. 7.2.6 Query, subsection (e) Feature Control Frames, Datum Feature Symbols, and Datum Targets, sub-subsection (1) "Upon selection of a feature control frame, the datum feature symbols and datum target symbols that correspond to the datum references shall be highlighter or otherwise distinguished from other entities on the display, See figure 7-8", I'm struggling to made it possible to comply with CREO 7, since the paragraph basically states that if I query a feature control frame related to datum reference frame A|B|C, with datum targets B1, B2, C1 & C2, those symbols must highlight, my problem comes where I cannot make that happen.

The reason behind that is that, using figure 7-8 for the same standard, even if I use "Select the datum reference from the model" option within the feature control frame on CREO, you can select a datum target, and the letter will be added, but it will not be linked to the datum target (also you can only select one datum target), like we one can use the same option to select a datum feature symbol, like datum A, the letter is colored on green (at least on my configuration), and when querying the FCF, datum feature symbol A is highlighted, but not datum targets B1, B2, C1 & C2.

Is there a way to comply with associativity with datum targets (points or lines) on CREO 7?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags