cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Model Manager issue

paulborlan
1-Newbie

Model Manager issue

Hello,

I have encountered the folowing issue with Model Manager:

A Master Data article has got reserved to my Model Manager user and i cannot unreserve it now, the unreserve button is grayed out. I have unreserved the corresponding 3D model and 2D drawings.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you,

Paul Borlan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How did you reserve the masterdata? Basically there is no MM command to reserve/unreserve masterdata.

Now let have a look at the masterdata parents and let have a look to the "Mastered in Packet" attribute. It holds the Elid or "Element ID" of the packet in which your masterdata has been reserved. Search for this packet using "Element ID" attribute, and if you're allowed, open this packet and [Remove from Packet] your masterdata; it will be not reserved anymore. If you're not allowed, you should ask to the packet owner to do that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Paul,

Do you have check if you have the right ACL to unreserve ?

How did you reserve the masterdata? Basically there is no MM command to reserve/unreserve masterdata.

Now let have a look at the masterdata parents and let have a look to the "Mastered in Packet" attribute. It holds the Elid or "Element ID" of the packet in which your masterdata has been reserved. Search for this packet using "Element ID" attribute, and if you're allowed, open this packet and [Remove from Packet] your masterdata; it will be not reserved anymore. If you're not allowed, you should ask to the packet owner to do that.

First of all I want to thank you for this quick and correct solution.

Secondly, I do not know how i manged to reserve the master data. I think something happened during the creation process and adding the 3D model and 2D drawing to it.

Best regards,

Paul Borlan

Top Tags