cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Tree Question

JamesM
1-Newbie

Model Tree Question

Hi All,

I have a model tree questions that I hope someone can help me with....

We have a part directory where we (should) store all the fixings and other component parts that are used to build up our assemblies.

In the past people have saved lots of these 'common' parts into the working directories for a particular project, creating multiple uncontrolled copies of basically the same part. This is causing me a headache as well as costing time trying to dig them all out.

I wondered if it was possible to create a new column in the model tree that would display the file location of each part used in that assembly?? This would make it easier to see which parts needed to be replaced with the part from the correct file location.

If this isn't possible, does anyone have any ideas how I can quickly see the location details of parts in an assembly??

(Im using Creo 3)

Thanks in advance for any ideas offered.

James M.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
byork
17-Peridot
(To:JamesM)

James,

It works for me.

10-27-2014+8-23-48+AM.png

You may need to set this config option "display_full_object_path" to yes as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
James62
10-Marble

Hi,

RMB on the assembly name in the model tree --> Info --> Model.

JamesM
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

Thanks for that but it still doesnt give me a location for the individual parts? See attached screen shot.

I need to be able to see if a part is being pulled in from the project fold or pulled in from the correct database storage?

JMModel-info.PNG

byork
17-Peridot

James,

It works for me.

10-27-2014+8-23-48+AM.png

You may need to set this config option "display_full_object_path" to yes as well.

JamesM
1-Newbie
(To:byork)

Fantastic!!!

Thanks to both, works fine with the config option set to yes.

Happy days

James

Top Tags