cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Model pipe without coordinates

Rocks1
1-Newbie

Model pipe without coordinates

Hi all,

Is it possible in Creo 2.0 or Creo 3.0 (without piping and cabling extension) to model a pipe without the actual coordinates, but instead with the rotation degrees, length, bend radius, and bend angle of each bend? Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to model a pipe but I don't have access to the coordinate data. The bend information should be sufficient to create a pipe, but I'm not sure if Creo has that capability. Thank you!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Rocks1)

I used to have a program to go from LRA to XYZ coordinates, but most tube-bending CNC units can do the same thing. Perhaps contacting a tube-bending inspection software supplier will get a limited conversion for you. Here's one I found with a google search "lra to xyz conversion" XYZ TO LRA CONVERTER V1.2

Run the search to find others.

Thanks! This is helpful. I was afraid I would probably need a program to convert it.

Top Tags