cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ModelCHECK & Mass Property Units

Phil_Cardozo
5-Regular Member

ModelCHECK & Mass Property Units

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.7.0

Can ModelCHECK fix mass property units?
I can see that MC can report on mass property material type, but can it automatically report or convert/fix unwanted mass property units?

Ex: Model received from suppliers is in metric tonnes; needs to be checked & converted to standard inches.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Phil_Cardozo 

This is unfortunately not part of ModelCHECK capabiltities for the reason explanied here below:

• UNITS_LENGTH is the enrty to be used in *.mch file to check for unit length (inches) upon ModelCHECK execution, according to guidance of article 141795
  • As a general rule, the Automatic Update process of items checked via ModelCHECK requires ModelUPDATE mode (configurable via MU_ENABLE Y in config_init.mc file)
  • Items which can be affected and automatically updated via ModelUPDATE are ALL listed in ModelUPDATE Checks section of Creo Parametric Help center
  • and UNITS_LENGTH is NOT in the above list, and therefore currently not eligible to be considered upon ModelUPDATE execution

In other words, UNITS_LENGTH can be used to CHECK but not to UPDATE a given length unit in a model checked. You may want to create a new idea here (did not find any reported so far i this direction), but if it will be implemented, this will need also to consider HOW this update will be done in an automatic way (and if this can be controlled). Because as you probably know, when changing units of a given model, you have the choice to Interpret or Convert the existing dimensions (producing a very different outcome). Therefore, if update process via ModelCHECK will be possiblle (via an enhancement) in the future, it should also ideally give the possibility to configure if the update should be done in Interpret or Convert logic.

Regards,

Serge

Phil_Cardozo
5-Regular Member
(To:sacquarone)

Thank you, Serge.

The detailed response is helpful.

Regards,

Phil

Top Tags