cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ModelCheck Gatekeeper

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

ModelCheck Gatekeeper

I am trying to enable ModelCheck Gatekeeper to prevent check-in of models if they do not contain proper parameters and values.

When I do a check-in, I get the following error messages:

Incorrect ModelCHECK mode used on models in the context

Incorrect set of config files used on ModelCHECK in the context

Model has not been validated in last 24 hours in the context

ModelCHECK failed on models in the context

Running ModelCHECK interactively, I get no errors or warnings.

Creo7.0.5.0 with Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS20

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There some configuration required in both Creo ModelCheck setup and Windchill preferences - Windchill Help - Managing ModelCHECK Validation during Check In

Here's some additional info:

• Creo
    • UPDATE_MC_PARAMS - may want to set this to Y in the config_init.mc file as well.
    • Creo Family Tables can sometimes have issues with Generics MC parameter values not matching Instance values. Sometimes we have to fake a change and reverify the family table to get the instance parameters to update to match the generic.
  • Creo Windchill Workspace - (Optional) I found it helpful to make a custom workspace view that had Creo ModelCheck parameters as columns. Having the MC_ERRORS and MODEL_CHECK (date/time files were last checked) columns shown can help find which models are having MC problems. This will also help confirm your Creo ModelCheck setup to make sure the required parameters are in the models. We also shared this view with our users.
  • Windchill Preferences
    • You can set ModelCheck WC preferences as the Site, Org, or Product/Project level. They are in the "Operation>CheckIn Operation".
    • ModelCHECK Number of Errors - often set at 0. This corresponds to the Creo MC_ERRORS parameter. Note: MC_ERRORS cannot be blank in the CAD files as blank is not equal to 0 errors. Blank instead implies that the model has not been checked. When using Gatekeeper, ALL files need to be checked before check in.
    • ModelCHECK Number of Hours - I would set this to something reasonable so users aren't constantly rerunning ModelCheck in Creo. MC settings don't get changed all the time. I've used 6 weeks (1008 hrs) and users seem to be ok with that.
    • ModelCHECK Mode - I believe this can be left blank if you want to allow multiple MC modes (Save and Interactive)
    • ModelCHECK Configuration - I believe you can set this to blank if you want more flexibility of not specifying all this info.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There some configuration required in both Creo ModelCheck setup and Windchill preferences - Windchill Help - Managing ModelCHECK Validation during Check In

Here's some additional info:

• Creo
    • UPDATE_MC_PARAMS - may want to set this to Y in the config_init.mc file as well.
    • Creo Family Tables can sometimes have issues with Generics MC parameter values not matching Instance values. Sometimes we have to fake a change and reverify the family table to get the instance parameters to update to match the generic.
  • Creo Windchill Workspace - (Optional) I found it helpful to make a custom workspace view that had Creo ModelCheck parameters as columns. Having the MC_ERRORS and MODEL_CHECK (date/time files were last checked) columns shown can help find which models are having MC problems. This will also help confirm your Creo ModelCheck setup to make sure the required parameters are in the models. We also shared this view with our users.
  • Windchill Preferences
    • You can set ModelCheck WC preferences as the Site, Org, or Product/Project level. They are in the "Operation>CheckIn Operation".
    • ModelCHECK Number of Errors - often set at 0. This corresponds to the Creo MC_ERRORS parameter. Note: MC_ERRORS cannot be blank in the CAD files as blank is not equal to 0 errors. Blank instead implies that the model has not been checked. When using Gatekeeper, ALL files need to be checked before check in.
    • ModelCHECK Number of Hours - I would set this to something reasonable so users aren't constantly rerunning ModelCheck in Creo. MC settings don't get changed all the time. I've used 6 weeks (1008 hrs) and users seem to be ok with that.
    • ModelCHECK Mode - I believe this can be left blank if you want to allow multiple MC modes (Save and Interactive)
    • ModelCHECK Configuration - I believe you can set this to blank if you want more flexibility of not specifying all this info.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lhoogeveen)

Setting ModelCHECK Mode to disabled and ModelCHECK Configuration to blank did the trick.

If the parameter I want to enforce is not set, it triggers an error and the check-in fails.

Setting for material still passed and allowed the check-in, but I will work on that. It is secondary to the one that is required.

Top Tags