cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modeling Express into Modeling?

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Modeling Express into Modeling?

Is it possible to save models created in Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express into Creo Elements/Direct Modeling?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

this is not possible.

See the last section of this document http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/129465/en/FAQ_-_Creo_ElementsDirect_Modeling_Express_4.0.pdf

Can Creo Elements/Direct Modeling and Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express run

on the same machine?

Users running the current release of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling can also run Creo

Elements/Direct Modeling Express on the same machine. This is helpful for users desiring home or

personal use licensing. Note that the PK2 format is not transferable between Creo Elements/Direct

Modeling Express and the professional version.

cheers

horst

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

this is not possible.

See the last section of this document http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/129465/en/FAQ_-_Creo_ElementsDirect_Modeling_Express_4.0.pdf

Can Creo Elements/Direct Modeling and Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express run

on the same machine?

Users running the current release of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling can also run Creo

Elements/Direct Modeling Express on the same machine. This is helpful for users desiring home or

personal use licensing. Note that the PK2 format is not transferable between Creo Elements/Direct

Modeling Express and the professional version.

cheers

horst

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterKehoe)

Thanks Horst. But I find it strange that the data sheet for Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express states

Easy upgrade when you're ready to grow

Companies needing more 3D design power can upgrade to the full, professional version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling when they outgrow the Express edition.

How can there be an upgrade if the files from Express won't go into the full version?

This information was sent to the corresponding PTC Departement for clarification and corresponding actions to be taken.

This is dissappointing as I use Creo Elements/Direct Modeling at work and am helping my college bound son learn CAD using Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express at home. I can not view his files at work. Creo Elements/Direct Modeling should at least import Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express pk2 files as it is higher on the food chain. I can understand not going the other way.

There *is* a way to convert the Modeling Express data into Modeling Data.

However, PTC decided to discontinue this service.

You can try to convince PTC to re-establish this service.

- Max

Well, if it would be possible to just load the date from Express (free version) into Modeling,

then many customers would be adding (free) Express instead of buying more licenses of Modeling.

Therefore, the "migration of Express data into Modeling data" was limited to customers

who started with Express and then decided to buy Modeling - it was never intended that

customers already using Modeling would also work with Express.

Of course, this doesn't cover scenarios like "working with Express at home, want to use the

data at work".

Top Tags