cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Modeling mold cooling lines

tdegroot
1-Newbie

Modeling mold cooling lines

Hi everyone,

I have a customer that has requested me to model the outside mold cooling conections along with the pipes and flexible hoses so the set up people can see a "picture" of exactly what they need to connect and how to do it. I have usually just labeled them in or out, but that is not acceptable anymore. I have Creo with the mold design package and EMX. I can get the plumbing connectors with EMX. Is there an easy way to do the hoses with what I have or do I need another package?

Thanks,

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I don't know what the EMX extension is but in general, if I need a flexible connection like a wire, I sweep a feature along a datum curve. The datum curve needs just 2 points and you can manipulate the routing from there. More point, more control. You have normal and tangent option for the start end end points.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:tdegroot)

They certainly don't make mold techs /setters like they used to !! . Now you need a 2 year degree and they can't figure out the waterlines.

Probably a request from the marketing department

Thanks for the datum curve idea. I guess that won't be to bad.

Tom

I use the sweep function, and the result is something like this

help2.png

Top Tags