cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Multiple Assembly "Placement States"

wjamieson
4-Participant

Multiple Assembly "Placement States"

I am wondering if there is a way to set different "Placement States" for one assembly. For example, for a single subassembly, I could have multiple placement sets that would display when placed in different assemblies, and in different drawings. This would help on such items as bolt bags, where the same subassembly (the bolt bag) is used on multiple larger assemblies, but the bolts go into different places on each larger assembly. Thanks for any help~

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:wjamieson)

Yes, you can create multiple constraint sets and then even enable and disable these with relations. Optionally you could also create snapshots. If you need to show the different positions on a drawing, snapshots are probably the better solution.

Take a look at these:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS46389

Tutorial: Component of a sub-assembly with different constraint sets in one overall assembly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, you can create multiple constraint sets and then even enable and disable these with relations. Optionally you could also create snapshots. If you need to show the different positions on a drawing, snapshots are probably the better solution.

Take a look at these:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS46389

Tutorial: Component of a sub-assembly with different constraint sets in one overall assembly

wjamieson
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

The flexibility tutorial worked wonderfully for me!

I have another question... Could I use flexibility to make a component in a subassembly show as included or assembled in different overall assemblies? Thanks for your help.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I don't think it can change from 'assembled' to 'included' since this is driven by how a component is added to the assembly. Flexibility just changes some aspect of the existing constraints, dimensions, etc.

Maybe others will chime in...

Top Tags