cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Multiple Manufacturing Sites

jlittle
6-Contributor

Multiple Manufacturing Sites

I wanted to see how others are handling the one design with multiple manufacturing sites scenario. Design may be in Imperial Units and manufacturing site in Metric Units or visa/versa. In addition, design could originate in location that uses 1st angle projection drawing views and manufacturing site uses 3rd angle projection. Anyone with any experience they are willing to share?

Thanks,

James Little

CAD Admin

Corning Cable Systems

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I would advise that you should standardize on unit of measurement (i would reccommend metric) and drafting standards across all sites moving forward. On legacystuff, be careful!

Enforcement could potentially be controlled by creating DRAWING, PART and ASSEMBLY templates that are deployed via a worldwide PDM deployment. You may also look have your config.pro that is located in the install directory standardized. If all your sites have access to a common file server, perhaps your startup script/batch can copy the common and standard config.pro into all client installs at every launch of Pro/E.

Good luck.

Pete

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jlittle)

We had that scenario when we first put up PDMLink at a prior company. Design centers in Germany and USA and additional manufacturing done in India, China and Czech Republic. India did design work, but the used the standards of whichever design center had the design authority. When we went to PDMLink, we established global requirements of ISO standards. We were already designing our machines in metric in the USA. I think we left the first/third angle projection alone, so we did have to be careful when manufacturing a design done in the other center.

Top Tags