cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

NIL is not of type STRING. and dimensions disappear.

juchida
6-Contributor

NIL is not of type STRING. and dimensions disappear.

Annotation of Creo Elements Direct Modeling 17.0.

An error sometimes occurs "NIL is not of type STRING." and dimensions disappear,When I drag dimensions and move.

I am recovered when I restart Annotation.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

This happens to me, but only when placing and locating a new dimension.  Are you moving existing dimensions when this happens?

Does anybody else have this issue with new dimensions or when moving existing dimensions?

thanks

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
juchida
6-Contributor
(To:ThomasKirkman)

Thank you for a reply

This happens to us (Some people of the same company) ,when we moving existing dimensions.

The dimension disappear when I click and drag that dimension,
next dimension click and disappear,
next dimension click and disappear,
next ...

I think this is a defect and it should be reported to PTC.

juchida
6-Contributor
(To:ThomasKirkman)

It had been reported to PTC twice, but there was the answer that "could not reappear".

It is surely difficult to reappear.

I thought whether, besides, there was the person whom the same obstacle produced and commented.

I did see this behavior before as well as those I work with.  I will try to keep track what steps I did before the problem appeared,  My thought was that the program got stuck in a previous command and that is why it could not complete the current move  or place command.  If you could do the same, we could compare results and maybe come up with a solution.

Regards

Tom

Top Tags