cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

NVIDIA Tesla GPU

mike_pavese
1-Newbie

NVIDIA Tesla GPU

Is anyone evaluated the NVIDIA Tesla GPU available on Dell Workstations in working speed of Creo/Pro 5.0 or Creo Elements Pro. We will be migrating to Windows 7 and looking for recommendations. We have had some issues with running out of memory in assemblies in current workstations 2.8 Ghz WinXP 32 bit 4 gig mem. Nvidia Quadro video.

Looking at Dell workstations Xeon quad core 12 gig mem Nvidia Quadro 4000 video. but not sure about adding the Nvidia Tesla GPU.

Mike Pavese

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Tesla GPU will leave a hole in your pocket where the money used to be, without adding any ProE performance... the same can be said for the Xeon family of cpu's.

The fastest ProE workstation hardware (at any price) is Core i7 cpu with a Quadro 600 graphics card.

Also, in 2011 itis silly to confure new workstations with less than 8 gigs of memory.

From what I've read, The Tesla card is not used as a video card when trying
to leverage the GPU's. Nvidia suggests pairing it with another for the video
part. I7 (930) with lots of memory and 64 bit Win 7 runs really great. To
open lots of windows simultaneously, use the Quadro cards.

Bill

Top Tags