cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Need some help on displaying some measurements

ptc-4885239
1-Newbie

Need some help on displaying some measurements

To PTC Community

I am fairly new at Creo. I wonder if anyone know how to display dimensions/measurements on an assembly drawing such as the length, radius, and width of the assembled drawing. If there are any additional information that I need to provide for you to help, feel free to comment.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4885239)

Are you looking to display the driven dimension within the mates or just the overall placement?

It looks like your asking for dimensions on a drawing and not on the model correct?

Can you just put the assembly model in the view and start placing dimensions?

Length -> click on on end and then on the other and place the dimension.

Diameter or radius of sphere -> use dimension (click once for radius and click once and Cntrl_click a second time for diameter) and then place?

Thanks, Dale

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bduncan
15-Moonstone

show me the assembly

Balloon+Catheter.PNG

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Are you looking to display the driven dimension within the mates or just the overall placement?

It looks like your asking for dimensions on a drawing and not on the model correct?

Can you just put the assembly model in the view and start placing dimensions?

Length -> click on on end and then on the other and place the dimension.

Diameter or radius of sphere -> use dimension (click once for radius and click once and Cntrl_click a second time for diameter) and then place?

Thanks, Dale

I am looking to display dimensions on the overall model for presentation. Dimensions such as (like you said) the radius of the sphere and the length of the tube. Here is a screen shot of my window and I don't see how to start placing the dimension straightforwardly. I have the student edition of Creo. Assembly+Drawing.png

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Click on the annotate tab (two over from the modeling tab) and see if that is what you are looking for.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thanks Dale! I got it. I couldn't believe how fast I got the answer. I have feeling that this is great community already. I am pretty new and currently in the second year of college. I am looking forward to enhancing my skills in creo as I go along. You are the first to help! Thank you so much!

-Peixiong

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

This is a good community and a lot of help.

Just keep in mind that student edition drawings and models cannot be read by non student versions. So if you have other question you may need to do screen dumps and pictures because we cannot read you models for other issues.

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags