cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

New surface features are automatically hidden upon creation

hillmanwings
5-Regular Member

New surface features are automatically hidden upon creation

If I make an extruded surface, creo 7 automatically hides the geometry and greys out the feature in the tree.

To use the newly created feature, I first have to unhide it.  Same goes for sketched curves.

Does anyone know the config option to turn this off?

2 REPLIES 2

@hillmanwings wrote:

If I make an extruded surface, creo 7 automatically hides the geometry and greys out the feature in the tree.

To use the newly created feature, I first have to unhide it.  Same goes for sketched curves.

Does anyone know the config option to turn this off?

Hi,

I created new part using to_part_solid_abs template created by PTC. I can see this result:

example.png

Suggestion: Check your template (you can zip it and upload it if you want me to check it).

Martin Hanák

Does your part have default layers set up? If so, chances are the PRT_ALL_SURFS layer is hidden so any new surfaces created will be added to this layer & therefore be automatically hidden. Check the layer tree to see if this is the case. There is definitely a config option for auto hiding sketched curves, autohide_external_sketch.

Good luck

John

Top Tags