cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Notes With Floating Symbols

ThoRig
12-Amethyst

Notes With Floating Symbols

Community,

I have created some notes on a drawing, and I am trying to figure out how to make symbols float with the notes.  Unlike the previous post where I asked how to make a leader note with a balloon note, this is a little different.  For example, I can make a flag symbol with a note number inside the flag, but if I move the note, the flag symbol will not move with it.  Unlike making a balloon note where I can choose offset, I could not find this feature with symbols, even under the attributes for symbols.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ThoRig)

You have 2 options, if you symbol has the "offset" option, you will pick the note you want it to attach to and then place the symbol

-OR-

if you don't have the offset option, you can use the RELATE TO OBJECT command in the annotate tab after you've free located the symbol.

StephenWilliams_0-1594819488754.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ThoRig)

You have 2 options, if you symbol has the "offset" option, you will pick the note you want it to attach to and then place the symbol

-OR-

if you don't have the offset option, you can use the RELATE TO OBJECT command in the annotate tab after you've free located the symbol.

StephenWilliams_0-1594819488754.png

ThoRig
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

The flag symbol just happen to have offset under the placement type, and that worked.  Thanks.

Top Tags