cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Objects are not visible in the drawing

MW_10709014
4-Participant

Objects are not visible in the drawing

When opening a drawing with an OLE object created before CREO8 inserted in CREO9, the OLE object is not displayed.

PHOTO A is printed by before CREO8

PHOTO B is screen shot in CREO

Could you tell me how can I edit. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MW_10709014)

Config save_texture_with_model controls if images are saved in the file (drawing, part or assembly) or if they are referenced by file location.  Set the config to YES to save the image in the file.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thank you for your question.
I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra
MW_10709014
4-Participant
(To:achirila)

Thank you for your advise.

It seems to be a problem due to compatibility between creo8 and creo9.
If you edit and save a drawing with an image created in creo8 in creo9, and then open the drawing again, the image will disappear.
I wish there was a patch.

Thanks.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Config save_texture_with_model controls if images are saved in the file (drawing, part or assembly) or if they are referenced by file location.  Set the config to YES to save the image in the file.

MW_10709014
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Hi Kdirth.

Thank you for your advise.

I've set to that config now and good work.

Thank you for your kindness.

Good luck in the future.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Glad I could help.

I have some issues with the config setting.  I always leave it set to no unless I need to save an image in a drawing (I use a mapkey that sets it to Yes, saves, and sets it back to No). 

If you use image overlays during modeling, Yes will save those images in the model. This increases the file size and it will go with a file that is shared, (We use proprietary images and share native files with customers)

Also, if you open a file, drawing or model, and the image is found in the original location, and the config is set to No, the image will no longer be saved in the file when you save.

Top Tags