cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Odd ordinate decimal place issue.

ptc-15793
1-Newbie

Odd ordinate decimal place issue.

I am having an issue with my ordinate dimensions. We always put a second zero on all parts we dimension. The first is the ordinate baseline, the second is simply a dimension based off the baseline on the same line as the zero so it has a dimension of 0.000 we then set both zeros to a larger text size and zero decimal places. See image "corect zero.jpg". Everything looks right when we are done, we regenerate and save the document. The problem arises when I reopen the document. The second zero does not hold the correct number of decimal places. Instead of 0 which I would expect, it comes in as either 0.000 or 0.000000000001. See image "wrong zero.jpg". When I go to the properties of the dimension it already says it is set to 0 decimal places. I figure this has to be some sort of config or drawing propery setting but I have been unable to figure it out. I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

It sounds like you have enough background to submit this to customer serviceexcept the fact that is probably WF (?).

Looks like i missed stating which version it was. It is Creo 2.0 Datecode M60.

I would suggest filing a support case and submit the file you are working with to PTC. Things changing between save/close and reopen is a serious issue.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:ptc-15793)

Have you checked to see if there are two dimensions on top of each other? Something else to check is the round dimension value setting.

Top Tags