cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Online user manual Creo 3.0

sschilling
1-Newbie

Online user manual Creo 3.0

I was searching the PTC Training site and LMS for a Creo User Manual to learn how to use the project and warp functions. Is there a user manual online?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/802/using-the-warp-tool

Google is your friend in finding tutorials for Creo.

Thanks,

I have found tutorials for both Warp and Project through Google. I was specifically trying to put etched text on the side of a cone. The Warp tutorial I found was from Creo 1.0 I think and the menu was enough different I was not able to follow or replicate.

In addition to this specific question I also have simple questions like how does the Layer Hide and Un-hide work together. I had a part in an assembly I could Hide and Unhide but the display would not change. I traced it through the Layer menu to ensure it was not set in a different layer. I eventually hid and unhid the top level layer and the part reset and started working properly. Not that the user guide would have answered the question; however, I could have check that I was using the hide and layer as described in the user guide.

A general user guide? PTC doesn't have those. There's the somewhat cryptic help files, which are useful if you remember exactly what you are looking for; some special tutorials and that's about it.

Here's a thread on learning Creo http://communities.ptc.com/thread/44546 and http://communities.ptc.com/thread/39315

I went through a bunch of the PTC/University courses, which were uneven in coverage, and lost a lot of time in their course introductions I recall, repeating the name of the course, the instructor, what would be covered (It's a video, provide a written synopsis) and then they spent most of the time with Click this, check that without explaining why any of those choices mattered. Like if the sketch came to 6.012 on a dimension, the instructor wasted time telling the student to change it to 6.00 then click OK.

One area of documentation that PTC should have is the narrative about what portions of it's interface are intended to accomplish and what side-effects/interactions/prerequisites there are to accomplishing those results.

As to your layer problem - hiding parts in an assembly can only happen at the assembly level. A common error is to try to hide a solid feature at the part level, which can't happen. They can be simplified away or suppresed, but not hidden. This would have been explained in narrative about layers and be part of the non-existent user guide.

Top Tags