cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

OpeningText Symbol Pallet while inserting a text note in Creo 3.0

WayneN
3-Visitor

OpeningText Symbol Pallet while inserting a text note in Creo 3.0

Sometimes I want a diameter symbol or a plus/minus symbol when I am creating a note but I can only edit the note afterwards to add the special characters.  Is there a way (ie: ctrl S) to call up the text symbol pallet while inserting a note in Creo 3.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:WayneN)

When creating a note, they have the special characters palette in the ribbon when you are first creating a note.

palette.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:WayneN)

When creating a note, they have the special characters palette in the ribbon when you are first creating a note.

palette.jpg

StephenWilliams is exactly right, and normally I will click from that menu. But when I don't feel like taking my hands away from the keyboard for a mouse-click, I also use alt-codes for the character I want, most often "±". To use these codes, hold down the alt key while typing the number on the keypad for the symbol you want, then release the alt key. ± is "alt 241", while ø is "alt 0248". Putting "alt symbols windows" into a search engine will offer several pages with relevant lists.

WayneN
3-Visitor
(To:StephenW)

Thanks Stephen,

My ribbon was not defaulting to the format tab so I did not see the special characters.  Probably something about our company's customizations to the interface.  Funny I had not noticed before.

Regards,

Wayne

Top Tags