cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Ordinate dimensions in purple

ptc-5293234
1-Newbie

Ordinate dimensions in purple

I have a drawing that uses ordinate dimensions, The refeence feature is modified/deleted and all of my dimensions change to purple.

I know how to update all of the dims except the main origin dimension (0,0)

The Edit Attachement does not work I also get the message: Functionality is not available on the selected item.

here is a screen shot

Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks

Doc1.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5293234)

What your ordinate dimension what pointing at / attached to is "no longer there" do to your modification. It doesn't know what to do, so it changes the dimension to purple. You may have to redimension.

And welcome to the forum.

Exactly....I have to redemension, but is there a way inside of Creo to edit the attachment of the original diension so I do not have to redemension?

Not that i know

Right click the purple dimension or note and choose Edit atatchment.

The purple dimensions means that the references that you choose are unavailable or inexistant now.

When I right click on the origin dim (0,0) it does not give me the option to Edit Attachment.....that option does exist for all the other dims???

yes and for notes too

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5293234)

I don't know if it helps or if you have tried it, but if you right-click on the line rather than the dimension it might help, plus of course you have to be in the correct #%!!@ tab, i.e. annotate in this case.

I haven't been able to figure this one out either. Looks like there is no way to edit the base dimension attachment.

That's just too bad.

Top Tags