cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Outputting STL files

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Outputting STL files

I can output a Step or Iges file from my ProE (sorry, Creo!) assembly no problems. If I import it back in it will produce separate files in an assembly.

Does anyone know any settings that will enable me to do it with stl? It seems I can only output a single file of the whole assembly in one solid lump, plus the cord height is very high, so that the resulting part is pretty crude anyway. It's a pain in the neck to have to open each part separately and export each to stl.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I don't know of any way to export the assy as separate STL's, plus, it's been a long time since I made one anyway. For about 1-1/2 years I worked at a place that had 2 SLA machines on premise, and one of my jobs (when I wasn't actually designing the parts), was to take customer files and get them ready for the machines. In my case, what I anted from the customer was STEP files, and some information on how critical the surface quality was, and if there were certain surfaces even more critical. Then, I would export the STL files myself, knowing what settings to tweak knowing this info, and how we planned to orient the part in regards to the Z axis of the machine for the "grow". I'd imagine that if you're sending this to a shop instead of growing the parts internally, that the shop would rather have the STEP (or similar) files so they can perform the same steps I mentioned.

Best of luck!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags