cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

PARMETERS MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

PARMETERS MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS

Is it possible to define parameters that report the three maximum dimensions of a part and then have them listed in a dedicated column in the assembly drawing table?

Ty,

Matteo.

3 REPLIES 3

If you have start parts with predefined geometry, you can use feature dimensions to assign stock size. Here's an example:

Tdaugherty_0-1614794294638.png

These relations are linked to the overall dimensions in an extrude within my start part. The first chunk of code assigns the dimensions to three different parameters. The second chunk then parses out which dimension is which. After the dimensions are assigned to my LEN,WID,HEI parameters, they can be shown in repeat regions in a drawing. Keep in mind that this technique requires the users to use subtractive modeling techniques.

There are other ways to accomplish this but this is a pretty simple method that we use.

Ty

Thank you.

Could you please show me the other methods as well?

I don't think I have anything to show necessarily. I just know that some folks use other methods to assign dimensions to parameters. I've heard of people using Toolkit to calculate the bounding box dimensions and assign them to parameters as an example. We don't do this so I can't really comment on it. 

The goal here (unless I'm missing something) is to assign a dimension to a parameter that can be displayed in a table. The assignment methods are what can change. We use relations to tie model dimensions to parameters because it's a simple way that ensures the parameters are up to date with the model.

Top Tags