cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

PRO_MP_MASS Not Updating in Drawing

JiffiPop
11-Garnet

PRO_MP_MASS Not Updating in Drawing

Hi all,

Attached is an image of the mass properties window that is accessed via File > Prepare > Model Properties > Mass Properties. My mass is showing incorrectly here, as well as in the drawing, (parameter PRO_MP_MASS). Essentially, PRO_MP_MASS is not updating at all.

I am calculating mass properties by regenerating (ctrl + g), and pressing calculate in the aforementioned window.

In the green box, it can be seen that the Mass parameter is not necessarily calculated, but looks like it is an input as it is not greyed out like the others. In my other assemblies, this Mass parameter IS greyed out, but it is not here, for some reason.

Yes, I have 'mass_property_calculate automatic' in my config.pro file. Yes, all of the subcomponents have materials specified, and have been regenerated/mass properties calculated, too. Yes, I looked on the forum for similar situations, to no avail.

Any ideas for fixing this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just fixed this, after already spending too much time figuring out what the problem was. I deleted the invalid number in black text that looked like it was meant for an input, rather than an output.

Then, I hit calculate, then generated a report to make sure the mass was meaningful, and then saved. This made mass from an input to a calculated value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Just fixed this, after already spending too much time figuring out what the problem was. I deleted the invalid number in black text that looked like it was meant for an input, rather than an output.

Then, I hit calculate, then generated a report to make sure the mass was meaningful, and then saved. This made mass from an input to a calculated value.

Hi,

maybe https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS189188 will help you to understand Creo functionality.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags