cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PRO-Piping: Measuring Overall Pipe Length

EEM_LANL
1-Newbie

PRO-Piping: Measuring Overall Pipe Length

Hello there PlanetPTC people, I am working in Pro-Piping and I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to measure the overall length of a pipe. I know I can measure each curve piece by piece and add them up, but it would be much nicer if I could just measure each pipe as a whole. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rustys
11-Garnet
(To:EEM_LANL)

while in piping.... click info/ set type to length and pro/e will display the overall length of the routing.

i have large assemblies with dozens of routings and when i need the lengths i use a repeat region table and then export it to excel to create drawings.

9-26-2012 7-39-41 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Come on really? No one can help me? I know there are some smart people out there, one of you has to know the answer to this! I would really really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Erin,

I don't have Pro/Piping, so I don't know what picks and techniques are available within the extension, but, if you are measuring the combined lengths of a series of end-to-end Curves, maybe this will work for you: Select Analysis/Measure/Length and pick one of the Curves. Then hold down the Shift key and pick the rest of the Curves in the chain. This should give you the combined length.

David

Erin,

See the attached picture.

Regards,

Greg

Thank you so much for your answers! they were very helpful

rustys
11-Garnet
(To:EEM_LANL)

while in piping.... click info/ set type to length and pro/e will display the overall length of the routing.

i have large assemblies with dozens of routings and when i need the lengths i use a repeat region table and then export it to excel to create drawings.

9-26-2012 7-39-41 AM.png

set the application to piping. select the tool icon (at top of tree). pull down to columns. In type window pull down and select pipe info. higlight pipe Length and use the >> to add to your tree columns. You may need to make the window portion of your tree wider to see the added column. This should display the pipe length.

Top Tags