cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

PTC_COMMON_NAME is not changing after rename and stays same as family table generic

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

PTC_COMMON_NAME is not changing after rename and stays same as family table generic

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 8.0 (connected) Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.4.0

PTC_COMMON_NAME is not changing after I do a rename in commonspace. PTC_COMMON_NAME is staying the same as the family table generic Name.

19 REPLIES 19
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ME_CADADMIN)

Are you sure you changed 'Name' and not 'File Name' or 'Number'?

TomU_0-1663080994670.png

There should be no problem with family table instances each having their own unique name (PTC_COMMON_NAME).

TomU_1-1663081095401.png

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

The Windchill side appears to be correct. But in Creo I have PTC_COMMON_NAME as a column on my model tree, and it is wrong there. Our CAD to ERP application uses the PTC_COMMON_NAME that Creo is showing in the model tree. I have tried renames, new workspaces, updating, syncing. We see this issue with multiple un related parts.

Correct in Windchill:

SS_9986876_0-1663083082344.png

Incorrect in Creo:

SS_9986876_1-1663083161018.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

From Creo in the workspace, a 'Tools' -> 'Synchronize' should update the workspace to reflect the name change in Commonspace.  What happens if you create a brand new workspace and pull the renamed models into that.  Does Creo show their new names then?

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

Syncronize does not fix the issue. 

New workspace does not fix the issue.

I even asked a co-worker to open the file, so different cache and workspace that has not seen that part before.

Screenshot from co-worker, showing PTC_COMMON_NAME not correct.

Shawn_S_0-1663162862077.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Can you show a screenshot of the family table?

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

Family Table in Creo:

Shawn_S_0-1663163860689.png

Family Table in Windchill Workspace:

Shawn_S_1-1663163921863.png

Family Table in Windchill Commonspace:

Shawn_S_2-1663164014589.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm starting to wonder if the name for each instance is actually correct but the column in the model tree is actually the thing that is wrong.  Maybe it only displays the value from the generic...

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

The column has always worked properly for us in the past. Here is an example of a newer part where everything is working properly. I think it has to be related to the files data somehow. I do have this as an open case with PTC support as well. 

Shawn_S_0-1663250547319.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Nope, that's not it.  I just tested with 8.0.4.0 and the column changes with each instance.

TomU_0-1663250001771.png

Your system is acting like PTC_COMMON_NAME is undesignated, and therefore not passing values back and forth between Creo and Windchill, but I'm not aware of any way to turn this on and off for system parameters.  Does PTC_WM_NAME show the correct value in the instances?

TomU_1-1663252015504.png

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

Instance PTC_WM_NAME is correct.

Shawn_S_0-1663252915979.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I think you're going to need to open a case with PTC technical support on this one.

ME_CADADMIN
12-Amethyst

Thanks for your help!

MS_10217933
5-Regular Member

Hello, we currently have exactly the same behavior. I have already tested it with Creo 4 M120-M150, Creo 7.0.10. Windchill we have 11.1 in use. Have you already received a solution via the PTC Call?
Thank you

MS_10217933
5-Regular Member

Hello, we currently have exactly the same behavior. I have already tested it with Creo 4 M120-M150, Creo 7.0.10. Windchill we have 11.1 in use. Have you already received a solution via the PTC Call?
Thank you.

I see the same problem here in Creo 8.0.5.0.

After at lot of testing in Creo outside Windchill ,I tried to save it to a workspace in Windchill to see if the Name was shown right in Windchill, and it was. But PTC_COMMON_NAME in the drawing, still shows Name from Generic and not from Instance. 

Then I uploaded Generic and Instance and I tried to open rename window to see the value for Name, and also here (as expected) it was shown right. 

Now when I go back and looked at the drawing, the value in PTC_COMMON_NAME was "updatet" to the right value.....I have no idea why 😉

To all,

We swiched over from Creo4 to Creo8 recently, and I just ran into the same issue. I checked in a fmaily table, and before I did, I forgot to change the Common Name field in the table. I then went to WindChill and renamed them, and in my workspace the Name did update when I did a synchronize, but did not update my Common Name field of the family table.

Is this being looked at by PTC?

Dennis J Rehmer

Hi Dennis

I have not informed PTC, as the problem was solved "by it self"

BR

Birgitte

MS_10217933
5-Regular Member

Hello everyone, the problem is said to have been fixed in 8.0.8.0. I will now roll them out and test them. https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS381334?source=search

Please give me feedback too.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_10217933)

That CS article addresses inheritance features, not family tables.

The 8.0.8.0 release may also fix family table commonspace renames, but it will require testing.

Top Tags