cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Part numbering and date

Steto
12-Amethyst

Part numbering and date

Hello Creo Users,

I have a couple of problems to solve: in my custom part template I currently insert manually the last-saved date of any part/assembly and the custom part number of any part model (local pre-set parameters of the custom part template). Is it possible to make the part template to:

- update the date parameter after any saving action?

- create, after the first saving action as example, the custom part number (so that it is unique, not already existing among the assembly)?

Thank you for helping.

Best regards

Stefano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Steto)

@Steto wrote:

Hello Creo Users,

I have a couple of problems to solve: in my custom part template I currently insert manually the last-saved date of any part/assembly and the custom part number of any part model (local pre-set parameters of the custom part template). Is it possible to make the part template to:

- create, after the first saving action as example, the custom part number (so that it is unique, not already existing among the assembly)?

Thank you for helping.

Best regards

Stefano

Hi,

requested functionality is not implemented in Creo.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Are you using Windchill or another PLM system for storing your part files?

Updating the date is easy if you are as the part file contains a last modified date in the parameters.

Part names must be unique in Windchill, so that is also easy.

There may be some date and name parameters in the file if you are not using Windchill, too.

Steto
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your reply. I do not use Windchill, actually I am looking for a way to complish this task through PRO/Program and local parameters. Otherwise, I may try to use an external analysis (linking to excel file), but this is anyway would not make the task automatic.

Best regards

Stefano

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Steto wrote:

Hello Creo Users,

Thank you for helping.

Best regards

Stefano

Hi,

requested functionality is not implemented in Creo.

Martin Hanák
Steto
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

Dear Martin,

thank you for your reply.

Best regards

Stefano

YaroslavSin
17-Peridot

About the date. Did you know about "Tools - Investigate - File History" tool?

001.png

Steto
12-Amethyst
(To:YaroslavSin)

Dear Ysintsyn,

I was not aware of that tool, I will check it out. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Stefano

Top Tags