cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pattern Holes Displaying as Blue

FK_7297405
3-Visitor

Pattern Holes Displaying as Blue

I am trying to generate a hole geometry feature that is rotated angularly around a specified central axis. When I do this operation, the resulting hole features are displayed, but they are highlighted in blue and do not appear as extrusions into the part. Any suggestion on how I can correct this? (The initial hole geometry was made using a singular place hole reflected about two planes).

3 REPLIES 3

@FK_7297405 wrote:

I am trying to generate a hole geometry feature that is rotated angularly around a specified central axis. When I do this operation, the resulting hole features are displayed, but they are highlighted in blue and do not appear as extrusions into the part. Any suggestion on how I can correct this? (The initial hole geometry was made using a singular place hole reflected about two planes).

Hi,

I guess you created 4 "holes" using Freestyle feature. Freestyle feature = surface geometry.

Suggestion: Create 4 "holes" using Hole feature -OR- Extrude feature -OR- Revolve feature.

Martin Hanák

Have you tried the Geometry Pattern option..

It shouldn't be in surface..

It may work..

Looks like threaded holes were placed in the wrong direction.

I think you need to "flip" the placement?

(in edit-definition)

Top Tags