cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Pipe Centerlines not visible on drawing view

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Pipe Centerlines not visible on drawing view

Hello,

I am detailing a pipe and despite showing the centerlines layer, the centerlines do not appear in the drawing view.  Any ideas on why the centerlines are not visible?  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
cadactive
6-Contributor
(To:wbottis)

Hi @wbottis,

Assuming your layer is being shown in your DRW and the layer status is saved, I would check out this support doc for config settings you may need to tweak (here).

Cheers,

John Piotrowski, Co-Founder & Product Manager
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

I just confirmed the layer is being shown and the status is saved, but no luck.  I will review the config settings.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

You may want to look at the feature properties in the model to see if the axis is on more than one layer.  I have run into this issue several times.

Also, have you used "Show Model Annotations" to show the axes in the view?  This does not require the layer to be shown.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
wbottis
12-Amethyst

The configuration options in Creo are ambiguous in my opinion, so it's not clear to me if I am able to access the relevant ones that pertain to this problem.  I have confirmed the following:

pipe_solid_centerline is set to 'yes'

hlr_for_pipe_solid_cl does not exist

draw_layer_overrides_model set to 'no', but 'pipe_cable_cl' layer in the assembly and part are 'shown'

I tried something else; when I set the drawing view of the pipe to transparent, I can see the centerline of the pipe, which is showing as a solid centerline.  So, the pipe is phantom transparent and the centerline is solid, which is the opposite of what a drawing should look like.

Also, I have attempted to show annotations of the solid pipe part as well as the assembly in the drawing view by right-clicking in the model tree > show annotations and there were no available options to select any features to show.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

hlr_for_pipe_solid_cl  is a drawing setup option, not a config option.

In your drawing under file - prepare-drawing properties - detail options change 

Also, maybe include a screenshot of what you are seeing and maybe model tree

Top Tags