cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Piping and cabling extension in Creo Parametric

ktenhaken
3-Visitor

Piping and cabling extension in Creo Parametric

My company is beginning to do a lot more with electrical wiring and fluid piping with my designs.  I have looked into the piping and cabling extension, but haven't really found any reviews on it.  What do you all think? Is this something that would be worth investing in?

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ktenhaken)

It really depends on how you want to use it. If you just want more accurate representations, probably not worth the investment in time.

If you fully detail your tubing, piping, electrical harness, schematics and such, and make full use, you would likely benefit.

RSD (routed systems designer) has a big learning curve and a lot of setup time involved. I've personally used the piping/tubing routing and find it easy to use but all the pre setup was already done.

I've never used the electrical side of it. The users are usually much more specialized and the contractors (engineers and designers) who do it typically command a higher rate that your average creo users.

Top Tags