cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ProMold core/cavity creation with slides

smiller-3
1-Newbie

ProMold core/cavity creation with slides

I've been doing mold design for a while now using ProMold and EMX. The problem I'm running into is creating a core/cavity split with holes in the side of the part while trying to create a slide feature. Picture this; drinking glass with through hole in the side of the glass. Creating the silhouette curve and parting line surface around the bottom of the glass is easy and then create a mold volume to make the hole in the glass. I'm trying to use the parting line surface and the mold volume to split core/cavity but no matter what sequence or options I try, no luck. My usual fix is to fill the hole with surfaces but that is a pain, there aught to be something that does this within ProMold without doing that. What am I missing?

BTW, am using WF 4.0 and Creo 2.0

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags