cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem when trying to import excel spreadsheet

NF_10609258
4-Participant

Problem when trying to import excel spreadsheet

When trying to import spreadsheet from excel to creo drawing, creo replaces rows with dash dots as you can  see in picture. I saved excel file as CSV MS DOS

9 REPLIES 9
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:NF_10609258)

I don't know what character you are referring to as "dash dots" in your excel file, but my guess is that it is a character not recognized by Creo.

Try saving it as a CSV comma delimited.  I obtained different results for a variety of characters.

kdirth_0-1691412209689.png 

kdirth_1-1691412231965.png

CSV MS DOS                             CSV comma delimited

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi,

MartinHanak_0-1691421927026.png

Martin Hanák

hello,

i have a similar problem, creo do not recognize the columns from excel, crating just a big list with semicolon separator just          like the pictureCreo_Excel.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-4658280)

What format are you saving it as to import into Creo?

CSV Comma Delimited should work correctly.

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-16 13593700002.pngyes i am saving on both formats, bu still the same

kdirth
20-Turquoise

What does it look like if you open it in notepad?

Comma.pngjust like this, with semicolon, i tried to replace all the semicolon with colon and it do not recognise the filenotepad.png

nevermind, just solved, exported it as .csv and opened in notepad, replaced all the semi colon with comma from the editor tab and saved it as whatever name.csv solved.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Looks like you need to adjust Excel's delimiter.

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/change-excel-csv-delimiter/

Top Tags