cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Problem with simplified reps

ptc-106508
1-Newbie

Problem with simplified reps

I don't use simp reps very often so please bare with me...

I have a user who has changed the default simp rep. Now when you open the assembly it opens in the default simp rep. How do I get the assembly to always open in the Master simp rep?

The master rep is the assembly that is used in drawings and other assemblies. So when it comes up in the default simp rep parts are missing and there are other problems.

I have set the simp rep to master. Saved the assembly. Then erased the assembly and when I open it, it's back to the default simp rep...

Help!!!

Mark Nerby

Fluke Corp

425 446 5271

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-106508)

Check config option open_simplified_rep_by_default. If your company standards has the default simplified rep name set, then you will have to redefine your rep or break the rule and set the option to NO.

/Bjarne

Hi Mark,

I don't know if you got any replies up to now, but here is the solution of your problem.

First of all, open the "View Manager", set the "Default Rep" active, and while "Default Rep" is selected, click "Properties" button on the left bottom of "View Manager" window. See rep01.jpg.

In this new window, you will see the main component, and the components that are excluded. For example, in rep02.jpg, second line is excluded, as you can understand from the icon next to it.

As you see in rep03.jpg, select all the excluded components, and then click the "Remove" button.

When you click the "List" button on the bottom left of the window, you will see the scene as in rep04.jgp.

Just right click on "Default Rep(+)", select save. It will tell you that you are about to update the default rep, select update and you are done.

Hope this helps.

Mehmet Ali PISKIN

ASELSAN Inc.

MGEO IR Systems Design Department

Cankiri Yolu 7. km

Akyurt 06750

Ankara / TURKEY

+90 312 847 5300 / 4580

Weavoid changing the default or standard states of items like this to avoid these types of situations. This way, when you initially open something you get what you expect and not some specifically modified version you need to change if you want the "standard."

Top Tags