cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problem with transparency

lfox
4-Participant

Problem with transparency

We just switched to Creo 2 from WF5, and I have recently installed the following video card with latest driver: PNY NVIDIA Quadro 5000 VCQ5000-PB, 2.50 GB GDDR5

I am now unable to make a part within an assembly transparent. As far as I can tell, the software thinks it has made the part transparent. There are no hiccups or errors. It just does not change the appearance of the part. I am able to switch to wireframe and other style states without a problem, but when transparent is selected, the part appears the same as shaded.

I've scoured theses forums and my config options to the best of my ability, and googled everything I can think of to work this out, but I am unable to even find any other example of someone having this problem.

Other workstations here have not had the same problem, although, the new video card I received is unique among our computers. Could it be the video card? Is there a config option I'm missing?

Thanks,

Luke

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:lfox)

There is a config.pro option...

transparency YES (yes is default)

You could completely disable your config (or multiple config files) and test to rule that out. or use a coworkers config that seems to be working.

Since it's specific to your machine, video card is a likely culprit. Might just be the particular driver you are using is causing the issue.

If you take an assy that won't show on your and someone else opens it, does it work? That will rule out a model specific problem.

Top Tags