cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problems with boundar blend

svantevid
5-Regular Member

Problems with boundar blend

I'm having a bit of an issue with finishing a surface model with a convex top. I thought this will work with a boundary blend feature but I just can't get it to work.

If you look at the screenshot on the link bellow, I have two face chains (blue color) and three guide chains (green color). Both face chains and guide chains number 2 and 3 lie on the same plane (plane 1). Guide chain number 1 (in the middle) is a curve made from 2 arc, so that it is tangent to plane 2 which is perpendicular to plane 1 (I did this because I thought this will be the solution).

Am I doing something wrong with the setup of this feature or am I just bumping into the limits of this feture?

http://imgur.com/a/qEDNC

4 REPLIES 4

I see two possible issues with your boundary blend.

1. The 3 guide chains are not in order. Creo will attempt to build the surface starting at curve #1, then through curve #2 to curve #3.  You need to change the order in the curves tab so that the middle curve is #2.
  2. There appears to be tangency between the green curves and the blue at the corners.  This may cause trouble with building your surface.

This appears to be a symetric part. If so, you may be better off builing it in half and mirroring the part (not the features) at the end.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Consider making stylized* surfaces on a "larger scale". 

Have style surfaces that extend past your part or create the stylistic 3D boundary as a merged set of surfaces (quilt). 

Use these elements as references to create the resulting part or parts.

* When I say style, I mean your design element, not a Creo feature.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:svantevid)

I would approach this problem in this manner. Start with its base without any round at its corners and only add those after convex blend. Attached creo2 file to show steps. Hope this helps. Thanks

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:BHOoi)

creo 2 file

Top Tags