cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Prodetail.dtl Error Causing Crash

ptc-222825
2-Guest

Prodetail.dtl Error Causing Crash

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.5.0

I am having issues with Creo crashing when trying to add views to a drawing for sheet metal parts. I am able to initially add both a flat state and generic drawing view. However at some point after adding both view types, and trying to add another view to detail, I get a warning message (Error(s) in Q:\Engineer_Creo\Configs\prodetail.dtl. See datafile.ers) and Creo will crash if I try to place the view. Is the file "datafile.ers" saved in a specific location? I am not able to find it from searching my startup and program file directories

Here are the errors that I faced
Error(s) in Q:\Engineer_Creo\Configs\prodetail.dtl. See datafile.ers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ptc-222825 

If it's what I have in mind, it is a known issue to us impacting the specific Creo Parametric 7.0.5.0 datecode.

• The workaround (in your 7.0.5.0) consists in deleting ALL BEND NOTES before creating a new view in drawing environment
  • This explains probably some of your sheetmetal parts are not affected (the ones not having any Bend Notes)
  • The solution is to update to Creo Parametric 7.0.6.0 or later (starting from this version, presence of bend notes won't generate unexpected exit anymore upon new view creation process)

We document this in our article 352370.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

Read the following article - "Error message generated in the datafile.ers in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and Creo Parametric": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS53504

Hi,

please upload datafile.ers file. It is usually located in startup directory.

Martin Hanák

This is part of my problem. I cannot find the datafile.ers anywhere. I have checked the start in location and the PTC program files. Is there a way to figure out where this file is located? Or, is there something that would prevent this .ers file from being created by Creo?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-222825)

Try uploading your prodetail.dtl here in the forum and maybe we can look at it to see if there is something wrong?

Is it only for one part/model or one drawing or for everything you create?  If it is for everything, make a test model / drawing and upload that so someone on here can look at it.

Another option is to open support case with PTC esupport. Based on your post, I suspect that is where you went and it suggested posting to the community, you can ignore that suggestion and open a support case. They will likely want a model/drawing also.

I have attached my config file and drawing config .dtl file. I only have this issue with a couple parts, and I can't find a difference in parts that it happens to vs. the other parts.

Hello @ptc-222825 

If it's what I have in mind, it is a known issue to us impacting the specific Creo Parametric 7.0.5.0 datecode.

• The workaround (in your 7.0.5.0) consists in deleting ALL BEND NOTES before creating a new view in drawing environment
  • This explains probably some of your sheetmetal parts are not affected (the ones not having any Bend Notes)
  • The solution is to update to Creo Parametric 7.0.6.0 or later (starting from this version, presence of bend notes won't generate unexpected exit anymore upon new view creation process)

We document this in our article 352370.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Serge

Thanks for the tip Serge. This does seem to be an acceptable solution

Top Tags